SDI Open Water Diver Certification
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent (We also offer Junior Open Water Scuba Diver Course for those 10-14 years old, contact us for more information)
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver knowledge quests
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
Getting certified through Southern Dive Center:
At only $350 you wont find a better deal or experience anywhere. Your SCUBA certification generally encompasses two weekends of training, but we can work with your schedules. The first weekend we spend a day in the classroom at Southern Dive Center and our second day in the pool training. In your second weekend we venture to Blue Grotto just outside Gainesville, FL for two days of diving and training in an open water environment; see the video below for more information on Blue Grotto.