SDI NIGHT/LIMITED VISIBILITY DIVER
Many divers find that night diving is their favorite type of diving. As with all specialty diving applications, procedures are different than those associated with open water diving. The purpose of this course is to acquaint the open water diver with the procedures, techniques, and potential hazards associated with diving at night, or in limited visibility. Becoming familiar with the use of dive lights, and night diving techniques such as navigation, buddy system procedures, communications, buoyancy control, and interacting with nocturnal aquatic life, the diver can safely enjoy night diving.
At Southern Dive Center for only $125 you get your Night/Limited Visibility certification and open up a whole new world of diving adventures. At Southern Dive Center we will spend one day in the classroom and another day will be spent diving in night/limited visibility conditions. Come explore the underwater night life today!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals that wish to explore the underwater world at night, along with the nocturnal wildlife
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18 , 10 with parental consent
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course graduates may:
- Dive at night and in limited visibility conditions they were exposed to during training
- Plan and execute a night and low visibility dives
SDI Night/Limited Visibility Diver minimum requirements:
- Plan dive
- Safety procedures
- Enter and descent
- Remain submerged at least 20 minutes
- Change direction several times while maintaining proper navigation
- Two minute swim without compass
- Surface and reorient
- Descend and navigate
- Use properly; underwater light, submersible pressure gauge, compass, depth gauge, and computer
- Maintain buddy contact throughout dive
- Log dive